Off-page SEO is the practice of attempting to get web pages or posts to rank higher in search engines through link building and social media.
The advantages of off-page SEO are that it’s not necessary to spend money on PPC ads, and it can be done without relying only on your website. It also allows you to create market share online by directing web traffic from other sources.
Here are the best practices for staying on top of online search engine rankings. First, make sure that your website’s meta description is long enough to be used in the search algorithm. The phrase “longest meta description” doesn’t mean something should go on for an eternity, but rather it should be at least 150-250 characters long. The ideal keyword-rich meta description is between 300 and 350 words. First impressions matter in the digital world, so target keywords that are relevant to your website’s niche or industry.
Off-page SEO is a broad term for the factors that affect your search engine rankings that has nothing to do with keywords in your website copy.There are many benefits to off-page SEO, and we’re going to go through them one by one. Then we’re going to give you a list of everything you can do off-page in order. Some of these may seem like common sense, so don’t think you need the entire article just for these simple tips!
Many search engines and other web agencies give an enormous or even dominant portion of their monthly traffic to websites that get the high-ranking position on search engines. For this reason, it’s imperative to get your website found on the websites like Google, Bing, and Yahoo! that provide them with the highest level of visibility. This post provides a list of methods you can use to help get your website found by these popular websites.
There are many ways you can utilize off-page SEO techniques in order to drive targeted traffic towards your website. However, there are only ten things listed in this article that make up the best off-page SEO techniques for 2016 (per most internet marketers).
The benefits of off-page SEO are:
• Links from experts in your field.
• Links from related experts or experts that are interested in related fields.
• Links from sites that have PR3+.
• Links from sites that have a higher Domain Authority than you do. This tells the search engines “Hey, my pages are worth checking out!” without you having to say it yourself.
• Social Bookmarking links, which are links with social networking company logos next to them. These give your website more credibility and make it seem like more people know about you! And even if some don’t, they’re clicking on the links anyway! All this boosts your search engine rankings.